JOB DESCRIPTION – Digital Media Specialist
Ray Rico Freelance is a Memphis-based strategic marketing firm.
Our job is to create, educate and promote our clients in every way, yielding lasting relationships.
Our mission is to deliver effective media strategies custom-tailored for our clients.
Since 2007, we have offered services in brand recognition, marketing, social media strategies, websites and more.
We are locally owned, and a minority firm appreciating small businesses. We are fortunate enough to continue to create jobs and pride ourselves on diversity.
We are currently seeking to hire a Digital Media Specialist.
The Digital Media Specialist will work closely with the team as assigned by the Principal, our community partners, companies we do business with, outside clients and the public. The Digital Media Specialist will hold duties both on the admin side and creative side.
The Digital Media Specialist should have experience with project management and be able to handle account management as well as design online campaigns. This role will facilitate workflow for new projects, maintain and implement current plans, and adhere to budgets. You will work with the Traffic Manager to schedule projects. This person will be responsible for effectively collaborating with the Creative, Accounts, and Admin teams to allocate resources, propel tasks to completion and ensure quality work. The ideal candidate for this role is a detail oriented, self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced team environment and possesses exceptional organizational skills.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Work with the Traffic Manager to schedule and prioritize digital campaigns using Yext, Google Adwords, and Facebook Ads.
- Work closely with assigned accounts to ensure management expectations are kept up. This role will manage client accounts as needed and serve as a brand ambassador for all aspects of all digital accounts.
- Manage a daily schedule to collaborate with accounts and the entire design team in order to ensure our customer projects are delivered on time while maximizing staff time and resources.
- Understand and continue education for design protocols for Adobe Creative Suite applications, WordPress, Google Adwords, Yext and other items related to these.
- Possess a familiarity with web publishing platforms and an aptitude to learn new platforms quickly. This includes web platforms like WordPress and associated tools.
- Identifies schedule bottlenecks and voids in advance and shift schedules accordingly as well as implement process improvements as necessary.
- Deadline oriented and understanding conflicting priorities effectively to ensure client satisfaction.
- Act responsively, and with attention to detail, to customer requests and deliverables.
- Communicate with the team throughout the day for statuses as needed.
- Reporting: Providing weekly, monthly status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, managing risk, and issues.
- Be driven and manage special cross-team projects as assigned.
- Alternate responsibilities on the account side include assisting with invoicing, maintaining organization, updating files, and maintaining a record of working files.
- Native Apple OS users preferred.
Duties: (You may not work on all of these tasks.)
- Complete operational requirements by working with the team to get projects scheduled through the Traffic Manager; expediting work results, retaining current business projects and attracting new business.
- Design templates for digital ad campaigns which could include materials like brochures, technical bulletins, flyers, and forms.
- Possibly produce posters for presentations, trade-shows, conferences, meetings, etc., design, printing, lamination, and cutting.
- Manage all proofing aspects and deliver final to the team.
- Assist with all in-house photography services including lighting set-up, group personnel photographs, product photographs, and building photographs.
- Work closely with the team in our staff meetings weekly on production and scheduling.
- Work with the Traffic Manager on vendor invoices.
- Provide proofreading support for all working projects.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Well developed ability to multitask and prioritize, strong organizational skills, knowledgeable in all facets of office applications, and detail orientation are of the highest importance. Including Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Yext, MailChimp, and WordPress.
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness, and ability to work autonomously.
- Confirmed ability to establish, maintain, and retain loyal relationships with internal Ray Rico Freelance staff as well as outside clients, vendors and the public.
- Be energetic, motivational, enthusiastic and maintain ethics with integrity.
- Must be a quick learner and thinker and able to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Must be collaborative and able to work on projects at any stage from concept to completion.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Basecamp, WordPress, email, and internet apps like Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Two years related work experience, preferably in project management and/or digital media.
- Computers: must be Mac proficient, proficient in MS office, e-mail, and internet functions.
- Competitive Salary with an incentive plan for new business
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Community Perks
- Credit Union Access
- Gym membership
- Company outings and lunch on the boss’ tab
To apply, please email a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the title DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST in the subject line.