Now Hiring Bookkeeper
Ray Rico Freelance is a Memphis-based strategic marketing firm.
Our job is to create, educate and promote our clients in every way, yielding lasting relationships.
Our mission is to deliver effective media strategies custom-tailored for our clients.
Since 2007, we have offered services in brand recognition, marketing, social media strategies, websites and more.
We are locally owned, and a minority firm appreciating small businesses. We are fortunate enough to continue to create jobs and pride ourselves on diversity.
We are currently seeking to hire a Bookkeeper.
Job Type: Full-time plus benefits
We are seeking to hire a Bookkeeper. We’re seeking an individual with 8-10 years of professional bookkeeping experience working with a medium sized business; human resources experience is a plus.
This person will be responsible for daily accounts receivable, accounts payable, operations paperwork, banking, handling cash flow, and reporting weekly to the owner. This role reports directly to the owner and is management-level position collaborating with the Office Manager. The ideal candidate for this role is an organized, detail oriented, self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced team environment and possesses exceptional organizational skills.
- Applicant must be a local resident.
- Applicants manage the accounts receivable, accounts payable and other operations paperwork as needed.
- Applicants maintain direct communication with clients.
- Applicants must be comfortable and polite with collections.
- Applicants may help with human resources, as they pertain to bookkeeping.
- Applicants coordinates budgets, client statements and weekly AR/AP reports.
- Applicants plan and identify opportunities for program integration and new projects.
- Applicants must be able to handle multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities effectively to ensure client satisfaction.
- Applicants must always act responsively, and with attention to detail, to customer requests and deliverables.
- Applicants are expected to meet weekly with the entire staff for statuses and updates related to billing.
- Applicants are in charge of reporting: Providing weekly, monthly status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, managing risk, and issues.
- Applicants should be driven and assist in managing special cross-team projects as assigned.
- Must be proficient with Quickbooks Billing System.
Duties: (You may not work on all of these tasks.)
- Manage AR/AP and banking to keep cash flow running smoothly.
- Assist with Payroll submission with the assigned Payroll Company.
- Pay sales and other applicable taxes regularly as scheduled.
- Manage healthcare, wellness, and supplemental insurance for the group.
- Work with multiple banks to ensure accounting is kept clean and accurate.
- Complete operational requirements by working with the owner and Traffic Manager.
- Manage late paying customers and collections politely and successfully.
- Work with our lawyer in the case we have a client who doesn’t pay so.
- Work closely with our creative team to determine a fair market value for projects, bids, quotes, RFPs, etc.
- Work with our vendors and clients to build stronger relationships and trust.
- Work with Traffic Manager to communicate with vendors to complete orders, manage printing, delivery and special instructions.
- Maintain all corporate branding needs including logo development, letterhead, envelopes, business cards, forms, labels, and vehicle decals.
- Manage delivery of product to clients and deliverables.
- Work closely with the team in our staff meetings weekly on production and scheduling.
- Work with the Traffic Manager on vendor invoices.
- Assemble marketing materials.
- Provide proofreading support for all working projects.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Well developed ability to multi-task and prioritize, strong organizational skills, knowledgeable of all facets of office applications (Google Apps), and detail orientation are of the highest importance.
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness, and ability to work autonomously.
- Confirmed ability to establish, maintain, and retain loyal relationships with internal Ray Rico Freelance staff as well as outside clients, vendors and the public.
- Be energetic, motivational, enthusiastic and maintain ethics with integrity.
- Must be a quick learner and thinker and able to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Must be collaborative and able to work on projects at any stage from concept to completion.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Basecamp, WordPress, email, and internet apps like Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Must have a high level of ethics and values to model for staff, outside clients, vendors and the public’s image of the agency.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Eight-ten years related work experience, preferably in project management and/or digital media.
- Computers: must be Mac proficient, proficient in MS office, e-mail, and internet functions.
- Intersectional Office Culture
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Community Perks
- Credit Union Access
- Gym membership
- Company outings and lunch on the boss’ tab
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2018. NO PHONE CALLS.