As mobile technology is becoming more and more popular, so is the demand of making design more mobile friendly. With more and more people using smartphones, tablets, and phablets (phones as big as mini tablets), mobile-friendly design is becoming more and more important.
From user experience to search giants like Google, Bing, and Yahoo! to design trends developers are beginning to implement, the shift in mobile design is eminent.
Here are 10 Mobile Design Facts for 2015
1. More than 2 billion mobile devices were shipped globally in 2013. Chances are half of you out there are reading this article on a phone right now.
2. This year, mobile internet is predicted to overtake desktop usage. If your business or organization isn’t designed and optimized for mobile, you better hustle to it.
3. 50% of all local searches are performed on mobile. If you’re on the go, like most people, then you are most likely using your phone to search for things at your fingertips.
4. Mobile accounts for 17% of all eCommerce sales. Not only big businesses are privy to doing eCommerce but smaller businesses are jumping on the bandwagon also.
5. 57% of mobile users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. If your site is U-G-L-Y you better get an alibi.
6. Not having a mobile optimized website is the equivalent of closing your business one day per week. It is a fact that if you don’t have an accessible, user-friendly site on mobile, you lose customers.
7. Mobile ads influence 75% of people to try something new.
8. Within 5 years, half of today’s smartphones will be using mobile wallets as their preferred payment method. Companies like Apple and Google are already implementing these methods. Ever heard of Apple Pay or Google Wallet?
9. 50% of the average global mobile web users utilize mobile as either their primary or exclusive means of going online. With mobile carriers you don’t need wifi or even home internet anymore — just jump on your phone.
10. In just 50 days the Draw Something mobile app reached 50 million users while it took 38 years for radio to reach 50 million users. Mobile spreads like wildfire and it happens quickly because it is at your disposal readily.
Check out some of the mobile websites we’ve built for our customers by visiting our portfolio.