Joan Allison, our Senior Graphic Designer, attended a conference in Palm Springs, California with our Boss Man, Rico last week. The NLGJA 2018 National Convention is an event where more than 350 journalists, news executives, communications professionals and educators gather to learn new skills, network and stay updated on industry knowledge. They both had a blast and even stopped by the Price is Right after!
Here are 9 tips Joan learned there that you can apply to your future Facebook Live Videos:
- Facebook Live gets six times the interaction compared to regular video.
- When live, make sure that you broadcast ‘publicly.’
- If you’re a beginner with Facebook Live, you can also broadcast to yourself only, and watch it before posting it.
- Make sure to add a description while you’re live. Add your location, too, in case someone is searching for you.
- During live videos, since people can join at any time, be sure to bring them up to speed quickly.
- You can set up a schedule for when you’re going live and a message will be sent to anyone who signed up to see it.
- You can invite a viewer to go live with you. This could be a fun way to engage your audience when you’re doing giveaways.
- Live videos should be about 10 minutes tops.
- Do you think your Facebook account has been hacked? Go to Facebook.com/hacked to get Facebook’s help resolving the problem.